Changing dynamics of team leadership in global environments.(SMDP)
This course is based on the article, Changing dynamics of team leadership in global project environments by Hans J Thamhain. The article is based on research that analysed the team leadership styles and organisational conditions that are most conducive to team performance in project environments that are geographically dispersed across national borders, and operating in technological complex, culturally-diverse, multinational environments.
The educational aim of this module is to enable learners to determine the variables in a team environment and the managerial processes that are most effective in improving the performance of geographically and/or culturally diverse teams. The aim is further to enable learners to analyse the role of team leaders, leadership styles and tools to be used in managing the challenges experienced by geographically and culturally diverse project teams.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
1. Have a clear understanding of:
- The challenges experienced in managing multinational project teams that operate in technological complex, culturally-diverse and multinational environments
- The factors in a team environment that contribute towards high levels of team performance
- Shifts in the project environment that shape the competitive landscape and influence the way in which team leaders manage and lead teams
- Different tools that can be used to promote team performance
2. Be able to:
- Distinguish between the variables that have high potential for improving team performance from those that have low potential
- Analyse the nature of managerial processes and the role of team leaders in managing geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Determine the relevance of cultural differences and factors most influential in unifying culturally diverse project teams
- Analyse the tools that are most appropriate for dealing with the challenges experienced in managing diverse and globally dispersed teams
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end. The web link takes the learner directly to the article in PDF format. Learners can also save and/or print the article for convenient off-line reading.
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602