Situational Leadership and diversity management
This course is based on the article, Situational leadership and diversity management coaching skills, by B.G. Mujtaba & J. Sungkhawan. The article provides an overview of situational leadership and provides a model to link situational leadership to diversity in the workplace through effective coaching skills.
The educational aim of this module is to enable learners to determine how they can use situational leadership skills to manage diversity in the workplace through effective coaching and employee development skills.
Upon completion of this module larners should:
Have a clear understanding of:
- The role of leaders in managing diversity in the workplace
- The way in which managers should approach the performance evaluation of employees in a diverse work team
- What is involved in diversity management
2. Be able to:
- Determine the key elements of the Situational Leadership model
- Describe the importance of diagnosing the ‘readiness levels’ of employees in relation to their ability and willingness to perform tasks
- Identify the different leadership styles that are appropriate for managing employees at different ‘readiness levels’
- Recognise how they should adapt their leadership styles to accommodate diverse groups and other variables.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602