Transformational Leadership and Ethical Climate
This course is based on the article, “The relationship between transformational leadership, integrity and an ethical climate in organisations” by Anja S. Van Aswegen and Amos S. Engelbrecht. The article describes a study undertaken to further develop and test a theoretical model to explain the relationships between leadership, integrity and an ethical climate. The results revealed that transformational leadership has a positive effect on the dimensions of an ethical climate.
The educational aim of this module is to enable learners to recognise the importance of transformational leadership for creating and promoting an ethical climate and the impact of transformational leadership behaviour in developing leaders and ethical organisations.
Upon completion of this module learners should:
Have a clear understanding of:
- The key characteristics of transformational leadership.
- The dimensions of an ethical work culture.
- The impact of transformational leadership on ethical behaviour and a positive culture in organisations.
Be able to:
- Determine the organisational benefits of an ethically-oriented culture and ethical practices.
- Evaluate the relationship between transformational leadership and ethical leadership behaviour.
- Distinguish between the different dimensions of transformational leadership.
- Analyse the impact of integrity on the relationship between transformational leadership and ethical leadership behaviour.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602