Corporate Social Responsibility and financial performance
This course is based on the article, “Who really cares about Ethics? Corporate Social Responsibility and Consumer Purchase Intention” by Melissa D Dodd. The article describes a study using a combination of Ajzen and Fishbein’s Theory of Reasoned Action model for predicting behaviour with interviews and surveys of consumers. The study confirmed that there is a positive relationship between CSR and financial performance or that consumers are more likely to purchase products from organisations based on the companies’ involvement in socially responsible activities.
The educational aim of this module is to enable learners to recognise that a company’s involvement in socially responsible activities does have a positive impact on consumer purchasing.
Upon completion of this module learners should:
Have a clear understanding of:
- The meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Why it is important for organisations to understand the relationship between consumers’ purchase intentions and organisations’ involvement in CSR activities.
- The relevance of the theory of reasoned action for consumers’ purchasing behaviour and for their organisations’ marketing strategies.
Be able to:
- Interpret the findings of various studies on the relationship between CSR and financial performance.
- Analyse the diverse points of view on how CSR affects financial performance.
- Evaluate the findings of the study conducted by the author on the hypothesis that there is a positive association between an organisation’s involvement in CSR programs and consumers’ purchase intention.
- Interpret the relevance of the findings in the study for the CSR strategy and programmes of their organisations.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602