Corporate Social Responsibility
This course is based on the article “’First they ignore you. . .’: The time-context dynamic and corporate responsibility” by Sandra A. Waddock and Pietra Rivoli published in the Winter 2011 edition of California Management Review, vol. 53, no. 2. By applying the Public Issue Life Cycle to an understanding of Corporate Responsibility (CR), the article tries to settle three unresolved questions related to CR by showing that such activities should be viewed as contexts- and time-dependent issues rather that analysing CR from a point-in-time perspective. The questions addressed concern (1) the lack of an agreed-upon definition of CR; (2) the link between CR and firm profitability; and (3) the role of regulations and laws versus voluntary CR programmes in inducing certain corporate behaviour.
The educational aim of this module is to enable managers to analyse corporate (social) responsibility programmes and activities from a new, different and ultimately revealing context- and time-dependent perspective. The article is relevant for company managers who bear (co-)responsibility for the design, implementation and/or management of CR programmes and activities.
Upon completion of this module learners should:
Have a clear understanding of:
- The so-called “logical trap” that has stymied debate about CR for almost 30 years.
- The Public Issue Life Cycle as it applies to CR.
- The reasons for, and manner in which CR issues shift through the Public Issue Life Cycle.
- The profitability (or not) of being an early adopter of CR programmes and activities.
Be able to:
- Analyse the different phases through which CR activities move towards becoming either the voluntary norm or a legal requirement.
- Analyse the relative efficacy of legal versus voluntary CR standards when viewed from a time-dependent perspective.
- Evaluate the (de)merits of the context- and time-dependency perspective on CR programmes.
- Redefine CR in the light of a context- and time-dependent perspective of the concept.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602