Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine: Vol 17 (2016): Activity 1
With the increase of data that has been generated in HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) clinical research, the focus of this paper is to discuss new Southern African Guidelines regarding the safe use of PrEP in several at risk populations.
This article provides the latest guidelines for the safe and the currently most effective use of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. It includes the development of PrEP, recommendations and indications in various populations and the monitoring and care of users.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- What HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) actually is.
- The current indications for its use.
- The steps for selection of appropriate users.
- Monitoring and maintenance guidance of PrEP users.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602