Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine: Vol 17 (2016): Activity 2
The main focus of this paper is to describe the extent of indeterminate HIV PCR results within South Africa’s early infant diagnosis programme and provide recommendations for the management of these cases, both in terms of laboratory practice and the clinical care of these infants.
This article provides useful information regarding indeterminate HIV PCR in HIV-exposed infants in South Africa including: the extent, understanding of the diagnosis and the laboratory methods used, then focusing on recommended clinical, laboratory and counselling management of these results..
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- Indeterminate HIV PCR results in South Africa’s early HIV-exposed infants.
- The diagnostic programme regarding these results.
- Recommended management of these of these results.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602