Periodontitis associated with low birth weight
This article introduces new evidence with regards to the impact of periodontal disease on preterm low birth weight.
The aim of this module is to provide dental assistants with specific information of the impact of periodontal disease on preterm low birth weight and the preventive approach pregnant women requires for periodontal problems.
The purpose of this article is to increase awareness of oral health care workers about periodontal disease on preterm low birth weight and the preventive advice and treatment women require during pregnancy..
Upon completion of this module dental assistants should have a clear understanding of:
- Public health awareness to inform health systems to implement relevant preventive measures and dental follow-ups of pregnant mothers.
- The role of oral health professionals on pregnant mothers.
- The impact of periodontal disease on preterm low birth weight.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602