Recommendations for the successful treatment of overweight and obesity in adults
This activity examines the evidence-based interventions that are recommended for the successful treatment of overweight and obesity in adults.
The aim of this module is to examine the interventions that are recommended for the successful treatment of overweight and obesity in adults.
This position paper provides a comprehensive overview and update of evidence-based adult weight management. It identifies the importance of targeting several key factors within a socioecological framework as part of the successful treatment of overweight and the maintenance of lifestyle behaviours that influence dietary intake and physical activity. .
Upon completion of this module practitioners should be able to:
- Describe evidence-based recommendations and interventions for adult weight loss and maintenance.
- Discuss the various factors influencing food intake and physical activity as well as the influence of socioecological factors on obesity interventions.
- Describe the evidence and recommendations for various dietary approaches for weight management.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602