Microwave-Assisted Tissue Preparation
This article describes the protocols using microwave irradiation for several essential histochemical techniques.
The aim of this module is to inform practitioners how microwave-assisted tissue preparation can reduce the time required for routine and specialised histochemical procedures.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- The use of microwaves in tissue processing techniques.
- Describe how microwave irradiation can be used for:
- tissue fixation
- fixation of cultured cells
- immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence microscopy
- processing of fatty tissues
- electron microscopy techniques
- application of special stains.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602