The Decision to Admit. What is the impact of Emergency Department Census?
The objective of this paper was to evaluate the effect of the emergency department census on disposition decisions made by the emergency department doctors.
The aim of this module is to provide an overview of the impact the emergency department physicians have on the decision on admitting a patient and the factors that may influence the decision to admit.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- the factors that may influence a physician to admit the patient.
- under certain circumstances admissions are unnecessary and costly.
- how crowding in a facility can impact the decision making process.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602