Assessing the psychometric properties and relevance of a scale for gauging multiple educational outcomes
A credible data collection instrument is imperative for the generation of quality information on which educational managers can make evidence-based decisions.
The aim of this article is to enhance the capacity of aspiring Industrial Psychologists in assessing the psychometric properties and relevance of a scale.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the main psychometric properties that define the value of a scale
- Identify and assess the relevance of the core theory (or theories) underpinning the development of the selected scale
- Demonstrate understanding of the decision criteria underpinning the selected metrics for scale reliability and validity
- Determine the applicability of a selected scale, its limitations and considerations for extending its functionality.
Instruction for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz at the end
- You need to pass the quiz and complete the course rating to generate the module certificate at the end
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz
- The pass grade is 70%
- Please click on the CPD certificate link to claim your certificate and to update your CPD Manager
RSA TEL: 086 1000 381 | Int. Tel: 021 975 2602