TERMS OF SERVICE
revised on 23 April 2015
eCPD® is a service provider of continuing professional development (CPD) on the Internet for healthcare professionals.
AS A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL, YOU MAY USE OUR SERVICE TO:
- Register as a user by providing your personal and professional registration information. We need this information to enrol you and to eventually issue your CPD certificates . We do not need this info for any other purpose.
- Purchase credits needed to enrol in any CPD activity of your choice within the confines of our Terms. This will exclude our Partner Courses which will be clearly marked. Credits will be deducted from your user account when you enrol in any of the courses that is not fully sponsored or is not a free course. You can top-up your balance of credits at any time by paying an additional fee.
- Purchase an annual membership that will give you access to enrol in any CPD activity of your choice within the confines of our Terms. This will exclude our Partner Courses which will be clearly marked.
- Purchase a Partner Course that will give you access to enrol in that specific course only within the confines of our Terms.
- Complete CPD Activities and claim CPD certificates if you obtain a pass mark in our online assessment. You may choose and complete any CPD Activity that is relevant to your profession.
- Maintain an online record of your CPD certificates. You can also add the information of CPD certificates obtained from other CPD service providers.
YOU MUST HOWEVER REMEMBER THAT:
- eCPD® will apply for accreditation with the Professional Registration Bodies such as the HPCSA, when applicable, but cannot guarantee that such accreditation will always be granted. When you use our services you need to verify our accreditation status first before you pay our fee and be allocated any credits/membership/Partner Courses or complete the material for any CPD certificates. You can however still use our service for CPD even if accreditation has lapsed.
- It is your responsibility to use the credits purchased before they expire as you will have not have any claims for a refund of our fee in respect of expired credits. Credits will remain valid for three (3) years after date of purchase.
- It is your responsibility to use the membership purchased before the membership expire as you will not have any claims for a refund of our fee in respect of an expired membership. A membership will remain valid for one (1) year after date of purchase.
- It is your responsibility to complete a Partner Course before the course’s expiry date as you will not have any claims for a refund of our fee in respect of expired Partner Courses that are removed from eCPD®.
- You will have a limited number of attempts to complete our online assessments. You must make sure you study the learning material before you attempt any assessments since we cannot reverse failed attempts.
- You must keep your password secure and ensure that no other person shall use the website to complete activities on your behalf.
- Always keep printed copies of your CPD certificates.
- We may change our terms of service as circumstances change. We will always inform you of important changes by email or newsletter, so make sure your personal information is updated at all times. We will display our new terms on our website.
THIS IS ONLY A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF OUR TERMS.
eCPD® is a key interest to healthcare professionals, helping them to keep their CPD portfolio up to date as required by their councils. If you have products, services or technologies to provide to healthcare professionals, then make sure your company name is in front of them by advertising with an online banner on the site.
We believe in the highest ethical standards of publishing. The purpose of our advertising and sponsorship policy is to clearly separate the editorial and commercial functions.
Commercial functions include banner advertising, sponsored content, newsletter advertising and any other paid services that may be offered by any one of the AOSIS product sites.
Please contact us to book your advertisement.
AOSIS reserves the right to change these policies at any time and to publish the new terms on this website. Readers are advised to review the latest policies before using the AOSIS eCPD® services.
Last modified: Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 9:01 AM