The physiological rationale for and against the use of APRV
An approach to the indications, advantages and disadvantages of the ICU patient on APRV.
The aim of this article is to inform the ICU physician about another possible ventilation mode that may be indicated for their patient.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- the physiological rationale for airway pressure release ventilation
- the advantages and disadvantages of APRV
- commencement and troubleshooting of APRV.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us