Sleep Hygiene for older patients with sleep complaints
The study of sleep has grown significantly over the past decade, and Psychologists should be prepared to assess and screen patients appropriately as well as be aware of evidence-based nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatment options.
The aim of this article looks at the management of insomnia.
This information can be invaluable when working with clients in the psychology setting, as many psychologists are asked to help with sleep issues.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- The fact that sleep deprivation is associated with physical, psychological and social detriments
- The importance of sleep hygiene as a first step in the management of insomnia
- The fact that 25% of US adults report insufficient sleep at least 15 out of every 30 days.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us