The handling of patients with chronic diseases during times of crises
This study describes reported barriers and coping mechanisms to accessing healthcare among chronic care patients during the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown in Rwanda.
The aim of this article is to tap into the experience of other contrives on the African continent that could be applied to the South African environment.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- Awareness of the existence of and type of coping mechanisms among local rural population in continuing chronic medical services.
- Understanding the different variables that may influence the coping mechanisms of patients that need chronic medication in typical rural settings in Africa.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us