Guidelines on certification of death
South African guidelines on diagnosing circulatory and brain death.
The aim of this article is to equip the healthcare practitioner with the core standards required for determination of death in the hospital context.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- Clinical testing for brain death and circulatory death.
- Issues pertaining to organ donation.
- The use of ancillary testing.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us