The effect of HIV and ART on growth and bone density in Zimbabwean children
The association of HIV and ART with bone density were investigated in a cross-sectional study in Zimbabwean children.
The aim of this article is to understand the relationship between HIV infection and skeletal health in peripubertal children on ART in Zimbabwe.
Although this study was conducted in Zimbabwe, the findings and recommendations are relevant to clinicians who treat children with HIV in South Africa given their similar characteristics and background.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- The methodology used to conduct the study
- The main study findings
- The value and implications of the study results, especially in relation to further research needs and treatment strategies in terms of bone health in HIV-infected children.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us