Ambient air quality data reported at selected monitoring stations during COVID-19 lockdown – Mpumalanga, South Africa
The study describes the measurements and observations made during the lockdown at the towns of Secunda and eMbalenhle. Results from nine ambient air quality monitoring stations were assessed for CO, NOx, and PM, as well as basic meteorological parameters. The pollution trends were correlated with the effect of lockdown level 4 and 5 on emissions from industrial and household activities.
The aim of this study is to study the impact of economic activity and social behaviour on ambient air quality.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- The effect of the lockdown on air quality in the Highveld priority area of SA
- The effect of community behaviour on ambient air quality
- The effect of industrial behaviour on ambient air quality.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us