Anaesthetic considerations for the paediatric tonsillectomy
A review on the anaesthetic aspects of the child receiving adenotonsillectomy.
The aim of this article is to equip the anaesthetist with a perioperative approach with emphasis on risk stratification in the child booked for an adenotonsillectomy.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
Perioperative risk stratification of the pt undergoing adenotonsillectomy.
- Appropriate discharge criteria.
- Children’s unique airway. management challenges.
- Postoperative pain management.
- Management of postoperative nausea and vomiting.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us