Intimate partner violence in a Nigerian rural community: its burden and determinants
Intimate partner violence impacts on women’s sexual and reproductive health autonomy, hence knowledge of the determinants will be valuable in reducing its prevalence.
The aim of this article is to assess the pattern of IPV and the socio-cultural determinants and predictors of partner violence in a rural community setting where the bulk of the abuse prevails.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
What constitute intimate partner violence
- The various forms of IPV
- Prevalence of IPV
- Determinants of IPV
- Ways to mitigate the effect of IPV.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us