Title Ethics in occupational health within the African context
The article argues in favour of the need for a code of ethics irrespective of the socio-political environment and economic sophistication of a country. In the African context, such a code of conduct goes beyond just being an international policy document, but in reality serves the purpose of an operational document for occupational health professionals.
The aim of this article is to critically look at the role and function of ethics in an African context compared to the same in a typical developed Western environment.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
The complexity of occupational health in an African environment
- The skills needed to operate as an occupational health practitioner in an African environment.
- The multifaceted nature and use of the ethics and general confusion when using the concept.
- The need of an ethical code of conduct to guide the practices of occupational health practitioners in the African environment.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us