Telehealth, Ethics and the Virtual Consultation: A Primer
Virtual consultation is one of the telehealth modalities that delivers health care via electronic channels. It specifically enables health care practitioners to consult patients who cannot attend face-to-face appointments. Virtual consultation is often
utilised to serve remote communities and has been used extensively during the recent pandemic.
This course is for health care practitioners who plan to do virtual consultations or who wish to improve their current telehealth practice
Price: R 1, 000.00 incl. VAT
Provided to you in association with the South African Academy of Family Physicians (SAAFP)
SAAFP members will receive a 15% discount on the selling price of the course, please email your SAAFP membership number to us to claim your discount.
This course aims to enable health care professionals to consult patients via online platforms.
After completion of this course health care professionals will be able to:
Consult patients via online platforms within the ethical and legal requirements of telemedicine consultations in South Africa
- Protect patient confidentiality during virtual consultations
- Appraise data protection aspects when deciding on an online service platform provider.
- Recognise patient safety concerns that may arise with virtual consultations
- Obtain informed consent for a virtual consultation.
- Decide whether it is appropriate to do a virtual consultation
- Plan the setup for video-conferencing
- Manage communication concerns typical to teleconsulting.
Course assessmentAt the end of the course, you will be required to successfully complete a final quiz to demonstrate your understanding of the material and claim your CPD points. You have three attempts to pass the final quiz. The pass grade is 70%.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us