Oral intake during and after ICU
Growing data indicates insufficient and/or inadequate oral intake in ICU patients, this review focuses on the barriers to food intake and looks at what should be addressed to optimize oral intake.
The aim of this article is to review barriers to food intake and looks at what should be addressed to optimize oral intake, both during and after ICU stay.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
Oral nutrition during and after critical illness
- Strategies to optimize oral nutrition during and after critical illness
- The “SPICES” concept
- Perspectives in nutrition therapy and metabolic support.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us