Acute appendicitis and the Covid-19 pandemic
This research article looks at the impact Covid-19 may have had on the incidence and severity of acute appendicitis. Comparison was made between 2019 and 2020 and looked at pre-hospital delays, severity and any post-operative complications.
The aim of this article was to try and identify whether the Covid-19 pandemic caused any difference in presentation, severity and/or complications of acute appendicitis. Cases from 2019 and 2020 were used to obtain the data.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- Appendicitis – acute, uncomplicated or complicated
- Complications of appendicitis
- How Covid-19 may have affected patients with acute appendicitis.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us