Ototoxicity in children with cancer
This article looks at the use of platinum compounds in the treatment of childhood cancers, and their possible ototoxic effects.
The aim of this article is to look at the three main platinum compounds used un the treatment of childhood cancers and their effects on hearing.
This article was informative. The effects of where medication was administered, and the resultant effects was interesting to note (quiet vs noise). Also, the investigation into anti-oxidants to protect hearing or restore it were intriguing.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- Effects of platinum compounds on hearing
- Audiological assessment before, during and after use of platinum compounds
- Audiological examinations to be conducted at different ages
- Strategies for the prevention of hearing loss
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us