Post-Intensive Care Syndrome & COVID-19
ICU survivors experience prolonged physical and cognitive impairments, with mental health issues, commonly referred to as post-intensive care syndrome (PICS), and although the management of PICS has advanced, the outbreak of COVID-19 poses additional challenges.
The aim of this article is to provide a review of recent advances and perspectives of PICS and additional challenges of COVID-19.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
Recent Advances in PICS
- COVID-19 Infection
- Prevention of PICS in COVID-19.
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us