COVID Where are we?
Hosted by: Dr. Richard John Lessells
CPD Units: 1
Free for SAAFP Members
For Non-SAAFP Members: R 80.00 incl. VAT
The aim of this webinar is to improve understanding of the COVID-19 epidemic and the possible future trajectories in South Africa.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
COVID-19 epidemic dynamics in South Africa
- The impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants
- Who is most at risk of severe outcomes?
- Current status of COVID-19 vaccination
- Current estimates of vaccine effectiveness
- Areas of uncertainty, e.g. chronic infection, long COVID, role of new therapeutic agents.