Informed Consent – Modified Texture Diet in Dysphagia
This article looks at Informed Consent in patients with Dysphagia, where a modified texture diet is often introduced.
The aim of this article to highlight the need for shared decision making, as well as the duty to ensure that treatment techniques have been well research and proven to be efficacious.
Upon completion of this module practitioners should have a clear understanding of:
- The concept of Valid Consent
- Dysphagia and the risk for choking, aspiration and pneumonia
- Shared Decision Making
- Duty of care
- Information provision
- Voluntariness of decisions
- Capacity to make decisions
- The need of more research
Instructions for this Module
- Read the supplied reading material and complete the quiz that follows;
- You have three attempts to pass the quiz;
- The pass grade is 70%;
- You need to pass the quiz to claim your CPD certificate;
- Please click on the CPD certificate link below to claim your CPD certificate and to update your CPD Manager.
If you need any assistance to complete this module, please Contact us